ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are investigating a string of copper wire thefts that caused approximately $10,000 in damages.
According to an incident report, unknown suspects stole a large amount of copper wiring from several north side businesses in the 2800 block of Vogel Avenue last week.
Police said it is possible that whoever stole the wiring is also responsible for similar thefts in other towns.
Anonymous tips can be called in to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames