ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene mother and father were arrested Friday after police said they found their toddlers in the street.
Frank Rodriguez, 19, and Summer Helvey, 20, were arrested on child endangerment charges.
Police said the unsupervised children were in the middle of the street when they found them. According to the police report, one child was naked while the other was "extremely dirty." A witness told police one child was almost hit by a car.
When they found their home on Palm Street, police said the front door was wide open and they could smell marijuana coming from the home.
Rodriguez was allegedly found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.
Rodriguez and Helvey are in the Taylor County Jail. Rodriguez is being held on bond totaling more than $25,000 and Helvey's bond is set at $25,000.
The children are now in child protective services custody.
- Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits