ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene mother and father were arrested Friday after police said they found their toddlers in the street.
Frank Rodriguez, 19, and Summer Helvey, 20, were arrested on child endangerment charges.
Police said the unsupervised children were in the middle of the street when they found them. According to the police report, one child was naked while the other was "extremely dirty." A witness told police one child was almost hit by a car.
When they found their home on Palm Street, police said the front door was wide open and they could smell marijuana coming from the home.
Rodriguez was allegedly found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.
Rodriguez and Helvey are in the Taylor County Jail. Rodriguez is being held on bond totaling more than $25,000 and Helvey's bond is set at $25,000.
The children are now in child protective services custody.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities