ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene mother and father were arrested Friday after police said they found their toddlers in the street.
Frank Rodriguez, 19, and Summer Helvey, 20, were arrested on child endangerment charges.
Police said the unsupervised children were in the middle of the street when they found them. According to the police report, one child was naked while the other was "extremely dirty." A witness told police one child was almost hit by a car.
When they found their home on Palm Street, police said the front door was wide open and they could smell marijuana coming from the home.
Rodriguez was allegedly found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.
Rodriguez and Helvey are in the Taylor County Jail. Rodriguez is being held on bond totaling more than $25,000 and Helvey's bond is set at $25,000.
The children are now in child protective services custody.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated