ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested for allegedly being drunk in public and threatening children with Christmas lights and waving a knife around.
Police say 24-year-old Megan Brininstool, was in the common area of an apartment complex barely able to stand up because she was drunk.
According to reports, Brininstool was threatening children in the complex with Christmas lights and was waving a knife around.
She was arrested for public intoxication.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon