ABILENE, Texas - At about 4 p.m. Monday, Officer Jonathan Merrick responded to the 1500 block of South 11th Street to assist an agent with the Special Operations Division. The agent had knowledge of a wanted female subject and spotted her in an alley matching the description of the wanted person. The agent contacted the subject and a records check confirmed the subject had active municipal arrest warrants. The subject was arrested for 12 outstanding arrest warrants. Most of the warrants were for traffic-related violations with fines totaling $6,102.50.
At about 3:05 p.m. Monday, Officer Stan Meiser responded to a business in the 3800 block of Pine Street to assist detectives with the Criminal Investigation Division. Detective Chris Adams had been contacted and provided information about three male subjects that had been observed by a witness in the act of metal theft. The offense had allegedly occurred at another property located in the 1300 block of Summit Road East belonging to the same business. The subjects were at the Pine Street business in the process of off-loading said stolen property for profit. Detective Adams responded to the business and contacted the three subjects. Detective Adams detained the subjects and located the alleged stolen metal. The investigation revealed that the metal was scrap aluminum valued at approximately $765 and identified as belonging to the business. The subjects were taken to the Law Enforcement Center for questioning. The investigation revealed that all three subjects were complicit in the theft of said scrap aluminum. The investigation further revealed that all three subjects had been to the Pine Street business earlier in the day and that they had also been involved in at least three other thefts from the Summit Road address. Those investigations continue. The three subjects were arrested for one count each of felony theft.
At about 7:45 p.m. Monday, Officers Cody Brown and Jonathan Merrick responded to a disturbance call at a residence in the 1000 block of Kirkwood Street. APD Dispatch had received notification about a fight between spouses. This third-hand information was relayed to APD Dispatch by a concerned citizen who had learned about the alleged disturbance. When Officer Brown arrived at the incident location, the male spouse was not present. While conducting his investigation, Officer Brown observed a vehicle drive onto the driveway at the incident location. He contacted the male driver who had exited the vehicle. Officer Brown smelled the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from the driver. The driver was identified at the male spouse allegedly involved in the fight. During this investigation the driver conducted standard field sobriety tests which he failed. A records check revealed that the driver had three prior convictions for DWI. The driver was arrested for an enhanced charge of felony DWI based on his prior DWI convictions. A blood sample was taken from the driver. Officer Merrick's investigation revealed that the female spouse claimed she had been assaulted by her husband but did not get transported to the hospital. A report for misdemeanor assault family violence was taken and these investigations continue.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash