ABILENE, Texas - Two women are charged with robbery for allegedly striking a Walmart Supercenter employee with their getaway car.
According to police, 43-year-old Kelly Sypert and 40-year-old Kelly Cook stole a television from an Abilene Walmart Thursday and tried to sell it at Wild Bill's Pawn.
Pawn shop employees notified police and responding officers discovered Cook had outstanding forgery and drug possession warrants.
An investigation revealed the pair allegedly fled from Walmart in a gold suburban and hit an employee as they left.
Sypert and Cook are charged with second degree felony robbery and, as of Saturday, remain in the Taylor County Jail. Sypert is jailed on $25,000 bond. Cook is jailed on $45,000 total bond.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene