If you're planning a trip out of the country you'll need a passport.
The Abilene Post Office is holding a passport fair Saturday, February 1. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. someone will be at the main post office, 341 Pine St., to help you with the passport application process.
To obtain a passport you need proof of citizenship, proof of identity, and a passport photograph which the post office can provide for $15.
All applicants must appear in person and minors under 16 must appear with both parents.
To save time, customers may download a passport application HERE to complete beforehand.
Each passport application for an adult must be accompanied by a check or money order for $110 made payable to the U.S. State Department and a $25 execution fee made payable to Postmaster.
Fees for children under 16 are $80 and $25. Credit or debit cards are not accepted.
Routine passport processing takes 4 to 6 weeks.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire