ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Prairie Dogs minor league will not take the field this year.
North American Baseball League owner John Bryant told KTXS Sports the subsidy to play at a non-professional stadium was too high. The Prairie Dogs played all their home games at McMurry's Walt Drigger's field in 2012.
Even though 2013 is out of the question, the team could return to play in 2014 if a new stadium is built in time.
Bryant said they have been working new stadium, one that would allow for more revenue, such as from beer sales.
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide