ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Public Libraries are doing a "Food For Fines" campaign that help people save money on overdue fees while helping the community.
During "Food For Fines," for every can or box of food you bring to any Abilene Public Library, one dollar of your overdue fees will be canceled.
"Food For Fines" begins this Saturday, Dec. 1 and runs through Dec. 31.
All the donated food goes to the Food Bank of West Central Texas.
They ask for non-perishable food items only, and no home canned items.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated