ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Public Libraries are doing a "Food For Fines" campaign that help people save money on overdue fees while helping the community.
During "Food For Fines," for every can or box of food you bring to any Abilene Public Library, one dollar of your overdue fees will be canceled.
"Food For Fines" begins this Saturday, Dec. 1 and runs through Dec. 31.
All the donated food goes to the Food Bank of West Central Texas.
They ask for non-perishable food items only, and no home canned items.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi