ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Public Libraries are doing a "Food For Fines" campaign that help people save money on overdue fees while helping the community.
During "Food For Fines," for every can or box of food you bring to any Abilene Public Library, one dollar of your overdue fees will be canceled.
"Food For Fines" begins this Saturday, Dec. 1 and runs through Dec. 31.
All the donated food goes to the Food Bank of West Central Texas.
They ask for non-perishable food items only, and no home canned items.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account