ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Public Libraries are doing a "Food For Fines" campaign that help people save money on overdue fees while helping the community.
During "Food For Fines," for every can or box of food you bring to any Abilene Public Library, one dollar of your overdue fees will be canceled.
"Food For Fines" begins this Saturday, Dec. 1 and runs through Dec. 31.
All the donated food goes to the Food Bank of West Central Texas.
They ask for non-perishable food items only, and no home canned items.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels