ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Public Libraries are doing a "Food For Fines" campaign that help people save money on overdue fees while helping the community.
During "Food For Fines," for every can or box of food you bring to any Abilene Public Library, one dollar of your overdue fees will be canceled.
"Food For Fines" begins this Saturday, Dec. 1 and runs through Dec. 31.
All the donated food goes to the Food Bank of West Central Texas.
They ask for non-perishable food items only, and no home canned items.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies