ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Regional Airport was hit extremely hard by what turned out to be a damaging hailstorm Thursday night.
Airport General Manager Don Green said holes were punched through the parking lot awnings.
There was also severe damage to the skylights, with some shattered or cracked by very large hail. Many windows on the north side of the airport were destroyed.
There was damage to planes, including damage to one that was about to take off. It was brought back to the terminal and passengers were taken off the plane. No passengers were injured.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated