ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Regional Airport was hit extremely hard by what turned out to be a damaging hailstorm Thursday night.
Airport General Manager Don Green said holes were punched through the parking lot awnings.
There was also severe damage to the skylights, with some shattered or cracked by very large hail. Many windows on the north side of the airport were destroyed.
There was damage to planes, including damage to one that was about to take off. It was brought back to the terminal and passengers were taken off the plane. No passengers were injured.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit