ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Regional Airport was hit extremely hard by what turned out to be a damaging hailstorm Thursday night.
Airport General Manager Don Green said holes were punched through the parking lot awnings.
There was also severe damage to the skylights, with some shattered or cracked by very large hail. Many windows on the north side of the airport were destroyed.
There was damage to planes, including damage to one that was about to take off. It was brought back to the terminal and passengers were taken off the plane. No passengers were injured.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale