ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Regional Airport was hit extremely hard by what turned out to be a damaging hailstorm Thursday night.
Airport General Manager Don Green said holes were punched through the parking lot awnings.
There was also severe damage to the skylights, with some shattered or cracked by very large hail. Many windows on the north side of the airport were destroyed.
There was damage to planes, including damage to one that was about to take off. It was brought back to the terminal and passengers were taken off the plane. No passengers were injured.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget