ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Regional Airport was hit extremely hard by what turned out to be a damaging hailstorm Thursday night.
Airport General Manager Don Green said holes were punched through the parking lot awnings.
There was also severe damage to the skylights, with some shattered or cracked by very large hail. Many windows on the north side of the airport were destroyed.
There was damage to planes, including damage to one that was about to take off. It was brought back to the terminal and passengers were taken off the plane. No passengers were injured.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities