ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Mexican restaurant Don Enrique's announced it will close, citing "serious family health reasons."
According to a post on the restaurant's official Facebook page, Don Enrique's announced April 11 that it will close immediately:
"THANKS ABILENE! Due to unforeseen circumstances and serious family health reasons, Don Enrique's Restaurant is closing immediately. This is an unfortunate situation that could not be avoided and we are sorry for any problems this move has caused. We really appreciate all the love and support we felt from the Big Country community. God Bless!"
Don Enrique's made news in 2010 when the restaurant sustained major damage after a Thanksgiving fire. The fire was believed to been have started from an overload circuit on a Christmas tree.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer