ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Mexican restaurant Don Enrique's announced it will close, citing "serious family health reasons."
According to a post on the restaurant's official Facebook page, Don Enrique's announced April 11 that it will close immediately:
"THANKS ABILENE! Due to unforeseen circumstances and serious family health reasons, Don Enrique's Restaurant is closing immediately. This is an unfortunate situation that could not be avoided and we are sorry for any problems this move has caused. We really appreciate all the love and support we felt from the Big Country community. God Bless!"
Don Enrique's made news in 2010 when the restaurant sustained major damage after a Thanksgiving fire. The fire was believed to been have started from an overload circuit on a Christmas tree.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family