ABILENE, Texas - After two months of sales tax revenue being down in the city of Abilene, they are finally on the rebound.
Sales tax rebate for March, which reflects money spent in January, went up 12 percent above last year. They are also projected above the FY 13 budget amount.
The sales tax rebate for March is $3,286,116.06. For the period of October through March, sales tax is 6.37 percent below last year an 4.02 percent above the project FY 13 budget amount.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family