ABILENE, Texas - The Salvation Army of Abilene is teaming up with local high schools for a special day of red kettle campaigning to raise money for holiday projects.
The "Kettle Campaign: High School Edition" will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10 at both Wal-Mart locations in Abilene. The Salvation Army hopes to make it an annual event.
The South Wal-Mart will be partnering with Abilene High and Cooper High, while the North Wal-Mart will be partnering with Abilene Christian School and Wylie High School.
People planning on attending are encouraged to wear their school colors, shirts, uniforms, etc. to help draw attention to the red kettles.
Attendees can also expect to see appearances by the school mascots.
For more information, call 325-677-1408.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas