ABILENE, Texas - Abilene ISD's board on Monday approved offering signing bonuses to recruit teachers in critical or hard to fill positions.
The move gives the administration flexibility to offer bonuses for any critical needs they find.
Also Monday, the board approved amendments to the application to the state for a waiver on making up bad weather days.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies