ABILENE, Texas - The victim of a north Abilene shooting has elected to not press charges.
Police responded to the shooting at a home on North 9th and Mesquite streets around 6 a.m. Saturday. The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center but did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
Abilene Police Sgt. Lynn Beard said the victim would neither identify the shooter nor provide any information about what led up to the shooting.
Beard said officers will need the victim's cooperation in order to move forward in the case.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated