ABILENE, Texas - The victim of a north Abilene shooting has elected to not press charges.
Police responded to the shooting at a home on North 9th and Mesquite streets around 6 a.m. Saturday. The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center but did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
Abilene Police Sgt. Lynn Beard said the victim would neither identify the shooter nor provide any information about what led up to the shooting.
Beard said officers will need the victim's cooperation in order to move forward in the case.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017