ABILENE, Texas - The victim of a north Abilene shooting has elected to not press charges.
Police responded to the shooting at a home on North 9th and Mesquite streets around 6 a.m. Saturday. The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center but did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
Abilene Police Sgt. Lynn Beard said the victim would neither identify the shooter nor provide any information about what led up to the shooting.
Beard said officers will need the victim's cooperation in order to move forward in the case.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend