ABILENE, Texas - The victim of a north Abilene shooting has elected to not press charges.
Police responded to the shooting at a home on North 9th and Mesquite streets around 6 a.m. Saturday. The victim was taken to Hendrick Medical Center but did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
Abilene Police Sgt. Lynn Beard said the victim would neither identify the shooter nor provide any information about what led up to the shooting.
Beard said officers will need the victim's cooperation in order to move forward in the case.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot