AIBLENE, Texas - The Abilene State Park celebrated its 80th birthday and Texas Heritage Day on Saturday.
The event was previously called Tartan Day, but was changed to Texas Heritage Day to incorporate the state's rich melting pot of different cultures and people.
The celebration featured a 5k run, games like tug-of-war and cornhole and live entertainment from the Abilene Bag Pipers, Promenade Squares Dance Club, Buffalo Soldiers and the Lone Star Cloggers of San Angelo.
Blake Woodall, assistant to Senator Troy Fraser and Region 5 State Park Director Rodney Franklin, was the guest speaker.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget