ABILENE, Texas - The pool at Abilene State Park will be closed for the 2014 season after repairs to address structural issues couldn't be made in time.
"Additional time is needed in order to effectively address structural issues and to implement high-quality repairs," a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department news release said Friday.
According to the release, Abilene State Park's top priority is to "provide safe and efficient facilities for public recreation."
"At this time, the pool is expected to reopen the summer of 2015," the release said. "This affords Texas Parks and Wildlife ample opportunity to ensure the best possible repairs can be made without compromising public safety."
While repairs are being completed on the pool, Abilene State Park will continue to be "a wonderful place to bring the family to participate in a variety of other outdoor activities and special events, providing many opportunities to create fond memories," the release said.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill