ABILENE, Texas - The pool at Abilene State Park will be closed for the 2014 season after repairs to address structural issues couldn't be made in time.
"Additional time is needed in order to effectively address structural issues and to implement high-quality repairs," a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department news release said Friday.
According to the release, Abilene State Park's top priority is to "provide safe and efficient facilities for public recreation."
"At this time, the pool is expected to reopen the summer of 2015," the release said. "This affords Texas Parks and Wildlife ample opportunity to ensure the best possible repairs can be made without compromising public safety."
While repairs are being completed on the pool, Abilene State Park will continue to be "a wonderful place to bring the family to participate in a variety of other outdoor activities and special events, providing many opportunities to create fond memories," the release said.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated