ABILENE, Texas - A Wylie High School student arrested in the spring for sexually assaulting a child was indicted Friday.
Montell Whitney, 17, was interviewed at the Taylor County Law Enforcement Center in April. In his arrest report, detectives said Whitney had allegedly sexually assaulted a girl who is under the age of 18.
At the time of Whitney's arrest, Wylie ISD officials refused to comment on whether the victim was another student; however, they clarified that the assault did not occur on campus.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Whitney for second degree felony sexual assault of a child Thursday.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range