ABILENE, Texas - A Wylie High School student arrested in the spring for sexually assaulting a child was indicted Friday.
Montell Whitney, 17, was interviewed at the Taylor County Law Enforcement Center in April. In his arrest report, detectives said Whitney had allegedly sexually assaulted a girl who is under the age of 18.
At the time of Whitney's arrest, Wylie ISD officials refused to comment on whether the victim was another student; however, they clarified that the assault did not occur on campus.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted Whitney for second degree felony sexual assault of a child Thursday.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't