ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Taylor County Public Health District has expanded services for women with two different locations and programs.
The need for women's services has risen since the closing of the Planned Parenthood location in Abilene.
Clinic services manager Kay Durilla says, "There is a gap in all of these services for women. A lot of women that don't have insurance can't afford to go to the doctors. And a lot of women that have had tubal ligations or hysterectomies that don't need birth control don't have anywhere to go to get their annual exams or pap tests."
To qualify for the free services, patients must be female, at least 18 years old, and a Texas resident. The patient must also must be in a need based gross family income below 200% of the current Federal Poverty Level guidelines. Patients also cannot be eligible for programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, and private health insurance.
Services include family planning, birth control methods, treatment of chronic care conditions, breast screenings, annual exams, pap smears, and STD testing.
If you are interested, the contact information for the clinics are as follows:
850 North 6th street - 325-692-5600
2250 Ambler - 325-676-6634
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill