ABILENE, Texas - A 19-year-old Abilene man is in surgical intensive care at University Medical Center in Lubbock after being involved in a car accident early Saturday.
Police said the man, identified as Jacob Roberts, was flown to Lubbock after his car bounced off a utility pole and continued into the intersection of Ambler and Bel Air.
The accident occurred, police said, after he allegedly ran a red light while traveling westbound on Ambler.
The Abilene Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to rescue the man from the vehicle. It is unknown at this time whether intoxication played a factor in the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring