ABILENE, Texas - A 19-year-old Abilene man is in surgical intensive care at University Medical Center in Lubbock after being involved in a car accident early Saturday.
Police said the man, identified as Jacob Roberts, was flown to Lubbock after his car bounced off a utility pole and continued into the intersection of Ambler and Bel Air.
The accident occurred, police said, after he allegedly ran a red light while traveling westbound on Ambler.
The Abilene Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to rescue the man from the vehicle. It is unknown at this time whether intoxication played a factor in the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth