ABILENE, Texas - A 19-year-old Abilene man is in surgical intensive care at University Medical Center in Lubbock after being involved in a car accident early Saturday.
Police said the man, identified as Jacob Roberts, was flown to Lubbock after his car bounced off a utility pole and continued into the intersection of Ambler and Bel Air.
The accident occurred, police said, after he allegedly ran a red light while traveling westbound on Ambler.
The Abilene Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to rescue the man from the vehicle. It is unknown at this time whether intoxication played a factor in the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- People celebrate Fur Ball 2017 with four-legged friends
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field