ABILENE, Texas - A 19-year-old Abilene man is in surgical intensive care at University Medical Center in Lubbock after being involved in a car accident early Saturday.
Police said the man, identified as Jacob Roberts, was flown to Lubbock after his car bounced off a utility pole and continued into the intersection of Ambler and Bel Air.
The accident occurred, police said, after he allegedly ran a red light while traveling westbound on Ambler.
The Abilene Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to rescue the man from the vehicle. It is unknown at this time whether intoxication played a factor in the collision.
The accident remains under investigation.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued