ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man put on probation for killing his friend is back in jail Monday.
Joseph Fowler, 19, was found guilty of criminally negligent homicide earlier this month. Fowler was sentenced to five years probation for shooting and killing 16-year-old Michael Huffman. The offense occurred in January 2011.
Just four days after sentencing Fowler was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol., a violation of his probation.
Monday, Fowler was arrested on a motion to revoke his probation .
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash