An Abilene teen who shot and killed his sixteen-year-old friend was sentenced Friday by District Judge Thomas Wheeler.
Joseph Fowler was found guilty of criminally negligent homicide in the January 2011 shooting of his friend, sixteen-year-old Michael Huffman.
Fowler was recklessly handling a gun when it went off and the bullet struck Huffman.
Friday, Judge Wheeler sentenced Fowler to 5 years probation. He'll also have to pay a fine.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana