An Abilene teen who shot and killed his sixteen-year-old friend was sentenced Friday by District Judge Thomas Wheeler.
Joseph Fowler was found guilty of criminally negligent homicide in the January 2011 shooting of his friend, sixteen-year-old Michael Huffman.
Fowler was recklessly handling a gun when it went off and the bullet struck Huffman.
Friday, Judge Wheeler sentenced Fowler to 5 years probation. He'll also have to pay a fine.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon