Mosquitoes trapped in Abilene have tested positive for West Nile virus.
The City of Abilene says they they have spraying planned for the week of July 22 in the northeast part of town where the infected mosquitoes were collected. This is all dependent on the weather, it needs to be dry with low humidity.
The city is asking all residents to help keep the mosquito population down by surveying your property and eliminating any standing water which is where mosquitoes breed.
Protect yourself from bites by using mosquito repellant and limiting outdoor activities during dusk and dawn when the bugs are most active.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill