ABILENE, Texas - Those of you who are looking for summer and part-time jobs may be in luck on Thursday.
The annual "Hot Dog--I Got a Job!" job fair is going on at the Abilene Civic Center from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
A variety of companies will be there to recruit job seekers between the ages of 16 and 21.
Registration is free, and a business resource consultant said the fair is convenient for both employers and potential employees.
"Kids are always looking for summer jobs, so we try to facilitate a means to where employers could meet at one location , job seekers can meet at one location and not have to drive all over Abilene looking for work," said Steve Collins, business resource consultant.
Everyone is advised to bring a list of references, work skills and history, and social security number. Also remember to dress to impress.
You can register by visiting www.workforcesystem.org or emailing email@example.com. You can also call Collins at (325) 795-4304 for more information.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill