ABILENE, Texas - Those of you who are looking for summer and part-time jobs may be in luck on Thursday.
The annual "Hot Dog--I Got a Job!" job fair is going on at the Abilene Civic Center from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
A variety of companies will be there to recruit job seekers between the ages of 16 and 21.
Registration is free, and a business resource consultant said the fair is convenient for both employers and potential employees.
"Kids are always looking for summer jobs, so we try to facilitate a means to where employers could meet at one location , job seekers can meet at one location and not have to drive all over Abilene looking for work," said Steve Collins, business resource consultant.
Everyone is advised to bring a list of references, work skills and history, and social security number. Also remember to dress to impress.
You can register by visiting www.workforcesystem.org or emailing email@example.com. You can also call Collins at (325) 795-4304 for more information.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog