ABILENE, Texas - The Texas Workforce Commission released data that shows Abilene's unemployment rate did inch up, but only slightly.
For December, the rate went from 4.6 to 4.7 percent for the city.
Statewide, the percentage slipped a tenth of a percent to 6.1 percent.
Midland had the lowest rate in the state of Texas. The oil boom contributing to an extremely low rate of 3.1 percent.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide