If you have any type of active warrant pending, now would be a good time to fess up.
The sixth annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup launched Saturday. They are joining more than 265 law enforcement agencies and courts from across Texas in March for the Great Texas Warrant Roundup to track down people who have outstanding warrants.
According to Chief Marshal Monty Huddleston, the city has approximately 7,000 outstanding warrants on file at any given time. Within the last week, 300 more warrants were activated. Starting Saturday, law enforcement will be going door-to-door to contact people with outstanding warrants until Sunday, March 10.
Municipal Court is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily and is located on the east side of City Hall at 555 Walnut Street. Contact the court office by calling 325-676-6333. Court officials point out that a telephone call does not constitute an appearance and continuances are not granted over the phone.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location