ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene woman was arrested early Sunday after allegedly firing shots at a vehicle containing six people – including two infants – in the 4000 block of Wilshire Drive.
According to an arrest report, Daphne Alvarez Lay opened fire on the vehicle as it was trying to leave the scene of a fight.
The report also said the car was hit at least once and that the passengers feared for their lives.
Lay is facing six charges of second-degree aggravated assault. Her bond is currently set at $300,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated