ABILENE, Texas - A 31-year-old Abilene woman was arrested early Sunday after allegedly firing shots at a vehicle containing six people – including two infants – in the 4000 block of Wilshire Drive.
According to an arrest report, Daphne Alvarez Lay opened fire on the vehicle as it was trying to leave the scene of a fight.
The report also said the car was hit at least once and that the passengers feared for their lives.
Lay is facing six charges of second-degree aggravated assault. Her bond is currently set at $300,000.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed