ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman is charged with driving while intoxicated after allegedly getting in an accident while her 4-year-old daughter was in the car.
According to police, 37-year-old Lorna Brewer was involved in a crash in the 1800 block of Mockingbird Lane on Friday afternoon.
Police said her eyes were bloodshot and she smelled of alcohol. She allegedly failed sobriety tests and was charged with state jail felony DWI (with accident, with a child) and cited for failure to control speed.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth