ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Saturday after allegedly punching a police officer in the face during a domestic disturbance.
Police responded to the disturbance involving 20-year-old Dovie Nickels around 1:40 a.m. Saturday.
When an officer tried to talk to Nickels, she allegedly got agitated and refused to sit down.
According to police, Nickels then punched the officer in the jaw and began kicking as other officers arrested her.
Nickels is charged with third-degree felony assault of a public servant and class A resisting arrest. As of Monday, she is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $5,000.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene