ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Saturday after allegedly punching a police officer in the face during a domestic disturbance.
Police responded to the disturbance involving 20-year-old Dovie Nickels around 1:40 a.m. Saturday.
When an officer tried to talk to Nickels, she allegedly got agitated and refused to sit down.
According to police, Nickels then punched the officer in the jaw and began kicking as other officers arrested her.
Nickels is charged with third-degree felony assault of a public servant and class A resisting arrest. As of Monday, she is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $5,000.
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children