ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Saturday after allegedly punching a police officer in the face during a domestic disturbance.
Police responded to the disturbance involving 20-year-old Dovie Nickels around 1:40 a.m. Saturday.
When an officer tried to talk to Nickels, she allegedly got agitated and refused to sit down.
According to police, Nickels then punched the officer in the jaw and began kicking as other officers arrested her.
Nickels is charged with third-degree felony assault of a public servant and class A resisting arrest. As of Monday, she is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $5,000.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range