ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Saturday after allegedly punching a police officer in the face during a domestic disturbance.
Police responded to the disturbance involving 20-year-old Dovie Nickels around 1:40 a.m. Saturday.
When an officer tried to talk to Nickels, she allegedly got agitated and refused to sit down.
According to police, Nickels then punched the officer in the jaw and began kicking as other officers arrested her.
Nickels is charged with third-degree felony assault of a public servant and class A resisting arrest. As of Monday, she is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $5,000.
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals