ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Saturday after allegedly punching a police officer in the face during a domestic disturbance.
Police responded to the disturbance involving 20-year-old Dovie Nickels around 1:40 a.m. Saturday.
When an officer tried to talk to Nickels, she allegedly got agitated and refused to sit down.
According to police, Nickels then punched the officer in the jaw and began kicking as other officers arrested her.
Nickels is charged with third-degree felony assault of a public servant and class A resisting arrest. As of Monday, she is in the Taylor County Jail on bond totaling $5,000.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement