ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police arrested Shelly Merideth, 30, after a robbery at Aaron's on Catclaw Drive Friday evening.
According to police, after responding to a robbery call Friday evening, police found Merideth and another person leaving in a car with two laptops.
The arrest report says police followed the car to the Curry Junction apartment complex, where police arrested Merideth. The other person fled on foot.
According to police, they searched Merideth's car and found a bottle of Xanax.
Merideth was charged with a 2nd degree felony robbery and a Class-A possession of a controlled substance.
Merideth was taken to the Taylor County Jail. Her bond was set at $21,250.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase