ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested by police on a warrant for sexual assault of a child.
According to court records, Abilene police responded to a child protection call on March 1. The investigation revealed that Latoya Lynn Dunlap, of Abilene, had been allegedly sexually assaulting a child in her care. Both the Abilene Police Department and Child Protective Services were involved in the investigation.
According to the court records, the complaint was filed on July 30. Another member of the household caught the two together. The individual asked the child how long the sexual activity had been going on and he said almost a year.
After police looked at Dunlap's text messages, they revealed comments supporting Dunlap's sexual relations with the minor. She was arrested for the charge, a second degree felony, and booked in the Taylor County Jail
Dunlap is being held on an additional charge of class A misdemeanor theft. Her bonds total $21,500.
- Updated Police: Suspect in shooting near Texas strip mall is dead, 9 wounded
- Updated Jury selection begins today for brutal late 2014 Abilene murder
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- New color spreading through downtown Abilene
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87