ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested by police on a warrant for sexual assault of a child.
According to court records, Abilene police responded to a child protection call on March 1. The investigation revealed that Latoya Lynn Dunlap, of Abilene, had been allegedly sexually assaulting a child in her care. Both the Abilene Police Department and Child Protective Services were involved in the investigation.
According to the court records, the complaint was filed on July 30. Another member of the household caught the two together. The individual asked the child how long the sexual activity had been going on and he said almost a year.
After police looked at Dunlap's text messages, they revealed comments supporting Dunlap's sexual relations with the minor. She was arrested for the charge, a second degree felony, and booked in the Taylor County Jail
Dunlap is being held on an additional charge of class A misdemeanor theft. Her bonds total $21,500.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash