ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested by police on a warrant for sexual assault of a child.
According to court records, Abilene police responded to a child protection call on March 1. The investigation revealed that Latoya Lynn Dunlap, of Abilene, had been allegedly sexually assaulting a child in her care. Both the Abilene Police Department and Child Protective Services were involved in the investigation.
According to the court records, the complaint was filed on July 30. Another member of the household caught the two together. The individual asked the child how long the sexual activity had been going on and he said almost a year.
After police looked at Dunlap's text messages, they revealed comments supporting Dunlap's sexual relations with the minor. She was arrested for the charge, a second degree felony, and booked in the Taylor County Jail
Dunlap is being held on an additional charge of class A misdemeanor theft. Her bonds total $21,500.
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals