ABILENE, Texas - A woman was arrested Monday after reportedly stabbing a 24-year-old man who allegedly sexually assaulted a minor earlier in the day.
Arrested for aggravated assault was Adela T. Aleman, 26, who was interviewed at the Law Enforcement Center about the incidents that reportedly occurred at a residence on Pecan Street.
"Officers arrived to discover they were dealing with two different criminal acts at the residence, an aggravated assault and an aggravated sexual assault of a child," a news release said.
According to the release, "The investigation revealed that Aleman had assaulted the male subject and stabbed him, which was corroborated by witness information gathered during the preliminary investigation."
The unidentified male was stabbed and taken to an Abilene hospital for treatment. He is recovering from surgery, police said.
"The investigation revealed that the sexual assault allegedly occurred hours earlier than the aggravated assault," the news release said.
Officers said the man, who was reportedly assaulted, suffered from a stab wound to his abdomen and swelling to his face.
"These injuries were consistent with a physical assault," the news release said. "The sexual assault victim was identified and went to a local hospital for a sexual assault examination."
Police said the man who allegedly assaulted the girl had not yet been charged.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and that additional information would not be released Tuesday.
"More information may be released as the investigation allows," the release said.
The previous story:
Abilene police spent most of the evening and into the morning hours investigating a late night stabbing in the 1200 block of Pecan Street.
Authorities received the call around 9:45 p.m. yesterday. When officers arrived they found a sexual assault victim and another person who had been stabbed with very serious injuries.
The stabbing victim was then transported to Hendrick Medical Center where he went into emergency surgery.
At this time we have not heard how he or the sexual assault victims are recovering this morning.
Police are not telling us right now whether this stabbing may have been in self-defense, but we will continue to update this story with that latest information as they become available.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer