ABILENE, Texas - A 49-year-old woman severely burned in a Sunday house explosion and fire in Abilene has died.
Kimberly Bien was pronounced dead about 12:30 p.m. Monday at the University Medical Center's burn unit in Lubbock. Bien suffered second- and third-degree burns over 80 percent of her body.
Abilene fire investigators say the cause of the explosion was a gas hose that had been disconnected from a stove and then not properly turned off.
- Updated Man charged in slaying of woman at Texas gambling room
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families