ABILENE, Texas - A 49-year-old woman severely burned in a Sunday house explosion and fire in Abilene has died.
Kimberly Bien was pronounced dead about 12:30 p.m. Monday at the University Medical Center's burn unit in Lubbock. Bien suffered second- and third-degree burns over 80 percent of her body.
Abilene fire investigators say the cause of the explosion was a gas hose that had been disconnected from a stove and then not properly turned off.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit