ABILENE, Texas - A 49-year-old woman severely burned in a Sunday house explosion and fire in Abilene has died.
Kimberly Bien was pronounced dead about 12:30 p.m. Monday at the University Medical Center's burn unit in Lubbock. Bien suffered second- and third-degree burns over 80 percent of her body.
Abilene fire investigators say the cause of the explosion was a gas hose that had been disconnected from a stove and then not properly turned off.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale