ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Friday following a home burglary on North 9th Street.
Though the homeowner is hospitalized, a caretaker told police she saw 31-year-old Crystal Whitley and a man fleeing the home after it had been burglarized.
When police caught up with Whitley walking on a Beechwood Street sidewalk, she allegedly claimed she had hit her head and could not remember who she was or why she was on the street. Police said she also refused to disclose her current address.
According to an arrest report, more than $800 of property was stolen from the house.
As of Sunday, Whitley remains in the Taylor County Jail for second degree felony burglary of a habitation with bail set at $45,000. According to an incident report, the man involved in the burglary was not located. Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill