Thursday was an afternoon filled with laughter for members of the Abilene Women's Club. Funny lady, Jeanne Robertson was the special guest humorist at their annual spring benefit.
The theme of this year's event: Humor: is more than a laughing matter. Hundreds packed the Hunter Welcome Center at Abilene Christian University. Proceeds from the event will go to the Abilene Woman's Club Foundation, their scholarship programs, and the Noah Project.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated