If you're an Abilene water customer you may be paying a higher monthly bill in the next couple of years as the city works to augment it's water sources.
The Abilene City Council heard more about a plan to pump treated wastewater back into Lake Fort Phantom, one of Abilene's main water sources.
The city plans on upgrading the Hamby Wastewater Treatment plant in order to do that.
Water Utilities Director Tommy O'Brien told the council Monday the average customer could see their water bill increase by about $9 a month.
The Hamby plant upgrade should be complete by late 2014.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident