ABILENE, Texas - The deadline to register for the only marathon in Abilene is Sunday, Oct. 14.
Travis Seekins visited KTXS This Morning Wednesday and spoke about "Marathoning for Miracles."
Marathoning For Miracles will be at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 at the Taylor County Expo Center. The marathon also includes a half marathon, 5K, and a kid's fun run. Each runner recieves a shirt and a finisher's medal.
There will be a kicked off event on Friday, Nov. 2 called the "Carb Up Chow Down." Runners can feast on pasta to fuel up for the run the next morning.
Marathoning for Miracles benefits Children's Miracle Network and Hendrick's Children Hospital.
Children's Miracle Network raises money for children's hospitals all over the country. All money raised from this event will go toward the Hendrick Children's Hospital, the local CMN affiliate.
Event organizers are anticipating approximately 750 runners and 200-300 community volunteers.
For more info, visit the Marathoning For Miracles website.
- Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated Oscar nominations 2017: 'La La Land' dominates
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- Former Abilene Christian University star heading to Super Bowl
- Meth found hidden in Brownwood man's car during traffic stop