ABILENE, Texas - The deadline to register for the only marathon in Abilene is Sunday, Oct. 14.
Travis Seekins visited KTXS This Morning Wednesday and spoke about "Marathoning for Miracles."
Marathoning For Miracles will be at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 at the Taylor County Expo Center. The marathon also includes a half marathon, 5K, and a kid's fun run. Each runner recieves a shirt and a finisher's medal.
There will be a kicked off event on Friday, Nov. 2 called the "Carb Up Chow Down." Runners can feast on pasta to fuel up for the run the next morning.
Marathoning for Miracles benefits Children's Miracle Network and Hendrick's Children Hospital.
Children's Miracle Network raises money for children's hospitals all over the country. All money raised from this event will go toward the Hendrick Children's Hospital, the local CMN affiliate.
Event organizers are anticipating approximately 750 runners and 200-300 community volunteers.
For more info, visit the Marathoning For Miracles website.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide