ABILENE, Texas - The blood supply at The Meek Blood Center is critically low especially in its O- and O+ blood supplies. Blood center officials are asking people to donate.
Officials say the center has hit some tough times with many wrecks and accidents. People have needed massive blood transfusions and the center even lost one bloodmobile in the June hailstorm.
There are several scheduled blood drives over the next few days. You can see dates, times and locations by CLICKING HERE. You can also go by the Meek Blood Center during their normal hours. Find their location and hours of operation by CLICKING HERE.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store