ABILENE, Texas - The blood supply at The Meek Blood Center is critically low especially in its O- and O+ blood supplies. Blood center officials are asking people to donate.
Officials say the center has hit some tough times with many wrecks and accidents. People have needed massive blood transfusions and the center even lost one bloodmobile in the June hailstorm.
There are several scheduled blood drives over the next few days. You can see dates, times and locations by CLICKING HERE. You can also go by the Meek Blood Center during their normal hours. Find their location and hours of operation by CLICKING HERE.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web