ABILENE, Texas - The blood supply at The Meek Blood Center is critically low especially in its O- and O+ blood supplies. Blood center officials are asking people to donate.
Officials say the center has hit some tough times with many wrecks and accidents. People have needed massive blood transfusions and the center even lost one bloodmobile in the June hailstorm.
There are several scheduled blood drives over the next few days. You can see dates, times and locations by CLICKING HERE. You can also go by the Meek Blood Center during their normal hours. Find their location and hours of operation by CLICKING HERE.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene