ABILENE, Texas - Hundreds of bowlers gathered at Abilene Bowling Lanes today to support child mentoring.
Big Brothers, Big Sisters hosted their 14th annual "Community Bowl for Kids' Sake."
About 350 people participated. Each team raised $500 and consisted of 4 to 6 bowlers.
All of the proceeds from the event go toward funding the organization's mentoring program.
It takes $1000 per year to make and support each big/little match.
That means every $1000 raised today took one child off the waiting list.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances