ABILENE, Texas - Hundreds of bowlers gathered at Abilene Bowling Lanes today to support child mentoring.
Big Brothers, Big Sisters hosted their 14th annual "Community Bowl for Kids' Sake."
About 350 people participated. Each team raised $500 and consisted of 4 to 6 bowlers.
All of the proceeds from the event go toward funding the organization's mentoring program.
It takes $1000 per year to make and support each big/little match.
That means every $1000 raised today took one child off the waiting list.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account