ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian University police continue to investigate fake parking tickets that were found on several students' cars. Some of those tickets contained racially charged language.
Many in the ACU community were shocked to find out about the fake parking tickets.
"Hearing about it, it's really disheartening," ACU senior Elizabeth Lurz said, "because we're a community and we're here to support each other and I feel like that kind of behavior is the exact opposite of why I came to ACU."
Thursday, ACU police said they are still interviewing potential witnesses to try and identify any suspects. ACU officials said they are willing to meet with any concerned students individually.
Some students said they have never experienced this kind of racism before.
"I'm actually taken aback that something like this would happen in our ACU bubble," ACU senior Steven Oh said. "ACU promotes good Christian standards and morals and to think that maybe ACU students did that is really discouraging more than anything else."
"I don't know if an ACU student did it or if it was somebody outside of campus, but it would be really disappointing if an ACU student did that," said Kirsten Holman, a senior at the university.
Some said this act makes them reconsider their opinion of the school.
"I wouldn't want my kids, if I had children, coming here," said Lurz. "The fact that ACU's going to pursue this on a more serious level is really important to me because it's not okay.
"It's extremely disheartening to hear and my heart goes out to those who were attacked by this because that's got to be really hard to process. It's not okay."
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program