Abilene Christian University students spent part of Wednesday spreading the word about Report Animal Abuse month.
Several cities and towns in our area are trying to raise awareness that criminal behavior often begins at a young age when people start by abusing animals.
Students were handing out flyers in neighborhoods telling people that animal abuse is a serious crime and asking them to report any incidences they know of.
Rep. Susan King will be joining students Thursday as they again hand out flyers in the community.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017