Abilene Christian University students spent part of Wednesday spreading the word about Report Animal Abuse month.
Several cities and towns in our area are trying to raise awareness that criminal behavior often begins at a young age when people start by abusing animals.
Students were handing out flyers in neighborhoods telling people that animal abuse is a serious crime and asking them to report any incidences they know of.
Rep. Susan King will be joining students Thursday as they again hand out flyers in the community.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store