Abilene Christian University students spent part of Wednesday spreading the word about Report Animal Abuse month.
Several cities and towns in our area are trying to raise awareness that criminal behavior often begins at a young age when people start by abusing animals.
Students were handing out flyers in neighborhoods telling people that animal abuse is a serious crime and asking them to report any incidences they know of.
Rep. Susan King will be joining students Thursday as they again hand out flyers in the community.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana