ABILENE, Texas - After further investigation, a police incident report shows a total of five people are victims following what officers have labeled as a gang-related stabbing at a south Abilene restaurant.
On Saturday, police said the stabbing at Logan's Roadhouse – which involved two motorcycle clubs – sent two men to the hospital in stable condition. A more detailed investigation revealed three additional victims were physically hurt; however, they were not stabbed.
"Their injuries did not garner the immediate focus to investigating detectives who are still in the middle of sorting out all the involved parties in this investigation," Abilene Police Department spokesman George Spindler said Monday.
Police said Saturday the hospitalized victims are members of the Cossack Motorcycle Club.
Jack Lewis, 46, was arrested Saturday night after a police interview at the Taylor County Law Enforcement Center that lasted several hours. Police said he is the president of the Bandido Motorcycle Club. He has since bonded out of jail.
"The two involved parties that were stabbed and taken to the hospital by ambulance were quickly identified and made known to responding detectives," Spindler said. "The other involved parties that were physically injured and not clearly identified as offenders were identified as assault victims and will be categorized as such unless otherwise warranted during the course of the investigation."
Spindler said the investigation is complex. Anonymous tips can be reported to police at (325) 673-8331 or Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9