ABILENE, Texas - Spelling skills will be put to the test Tuesday evening at the Abilene Public Library.
The Taylor County Adult Literacy Council will hold its annual ‘Fundspell,' which is a spelling bee for adults.
Celebrity spellers from various media, civic clubs and organizations will be competing against each other for the spelling title.
The event is free and open to the public. It starts at 6 p.m.
- Longtime country singer, songwriter Mel Tillis dies
- Updated Family sues after child, 5, killed in rotating Atlanta restaurant
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Updated Ann Wedgeworth, born in Abilene & known for 'Three's Company' role, dies at 83
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD