ABILENE, Texas - AEP reported that 3,921 people were without power in Taylor County Sunday morning.
The zip codes affected are: 79603, 79604 and 79605.
According to the AEP website, that number went down by 9:50 a.m. on Sunday. The company said only 496 people didn't have power.
The Abilene Police Department did report that some traffic lights were out in the area. They were stationed at major intersections to help taffic flow.
APD said power was out on North 1st to North 18th and Grape St. to Willis.
We don't know what caused the power outage.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire