ABILENE, TX - The third annual African Christmas Market was held Saturday in Abilene to benefit an orphanage and school for deaf children in West Africa.
Each year, Abilene teams takes supplies and equipment to the technology based Sam's Place in Kenya.
They bring back African trade goods to sell at the Christmas Market, which was held at the South 11 and Willis Church of Christ.
The market featured thousands of African fabrics along with wood and stone carvings.
Proceeds will provide clothing, food, medical care and educational supplies for the next school year.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck