ABILENE, TX - The third annual African Christmas Market was held Saturday in Abilene to benefit an orphanage and school for deaf children in West Africa.
Each year, Abilene teams takes supplies and equipment to the technology based Sam's Place in Kenya.
They bring back African trade goods to sell at the Christmas Market, which was held at the South 11 and Willis Church of Christ.
The market featured thousands of African fabrics along with wood and stone carvings.
Proceeds will provide clothing, food, medical care and educational supplies for the next school year.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies