ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's fire station on Stamford Street is close to 60 years old and those years have taken a toll on its roof.
Over time the building has had a significant amount of wear and tear.
"There have been some leaks over the years," Deputy Abilene Fire Chief Larry Bell said. "It got to the point where some of the materiel, including the roof, has deteriorated. Especially over the bathroom, that is where the significant leak is."
The plan to repair Station 4 has been in the works for quite a while. In fact, the bids for the station should be in next week and repairs will soon follow.
"It should take two weeks to begin repairs," Bell said.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account