ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's fire station on Stamford Street is close to 60 years old and those years have taken a toll on its roof.
Over time the building has had a significant amount of wear and tear.
"There have been some leaks over the years," Deputy Abilene Fire Chief Larry Bell said. "It got to the point where some of the materiel, including the roof, has deteriorated. Especially over the bathroom, that is where the significant leak is."
The plan to repair Station 4 has been in the works for quite a while. In fact, the bids for the station should be in next week and repairs will soon follow.
"It should take two weeks to begin repairs," Bell said.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017