New playground equipment was installed at both Ward and Reagan elementary schools Friday and Saturday.
Members of the Ward Elementary School parent teachers association began saving money for the school's new playground two years ago.
The money came mostly from the PTA's fall fundraisers and Winter Carnival. The dedication ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Administrators donated refurbished playground equipment to Reagan Elementary School.
Reagan also bought some of their own equipment that was installed Friday and Saturday. Local foundations and organizations donated more than $20,000 for the new equipment. The rest was earned by teachers, parents and students.
The new equipment was installed with the help of Dyess Air Force Base volunteers, Abilene Independent School District maintenance workers, parents, school staff and GameTime representatives.
The ribbon cutting for Reagan Elementary School is scheduled for April 8 at 10 a.m.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend