New playground equipment was installed at both Ward and Reagan elementary schools Friday and Saturday.
Members of the Ward Elementary School parent teachers association began saving money for the school's new playground two years ago.
The money came mostly from the PTA's fall fundraisers and Winter Carnival. The dedication ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Administrators donated refurbished playground equipment to Reagan Elementary School.
Reagan also bought some of their own equipment that was installed Friday and Saturday. Local foundations and organizations donated more than $20,000 for the new equipment. The rest was earned by teachers, parents and students.
The new equipment was installed with the help of Dyess Air Force Base volunteers, Abilene Independent School District maintenance workers, parents, school staff and GameTime representatives.
The ribbon cutting for Reagan Elementary School is scheduled for April 8 at 10 a.m.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student