AISD has joined hundreds of schools across Texas in a petition to get Annual Yearly Progress Ratings overturned.
According to AISD administrators a petition against the Texas Education Agency was filed last Friday in Austin with hearings are now pending. The Abilene School Board voted in October to join the coalition.
The AYP ratings started in 2003 with The No Child Left Behind Act. AISD hopes to get them thrown out. They're not the only ones: 10 other Big Country school districts are also part of the 600 district state-wide coalition.
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor
- Updated Recent deaths of kids in hot cars prompts pleas to parents
- Updated Convicted Brownwood child sex assault offender back in jail