ABILENE, Texas - AISD continues to try and urge the state to re-examine standardized testing of public school students that's currently in place.
They're asking for the communities input Monday and Tuesday morning at a community breakfast.
Parents, business owners, teachers and others are invited to attend the breakfast at 7:30 a.m on Nov. 12th and 13th.
The breakfast is intended to start a community conversation and will feature an informational session.
The event is at One AISD Center which is located at 241 Pine St. in the Jefferson Room. It is hosted by friends of the Abilene Independent School District.
It all started in 2003 with "The No Child Left Behind Act"- AISD hopes to get the annual yearly testing ratings thrown out.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations