ABILENE, Texas - AISD continues to try and urge the state to re-examine standardized testing of public school students that's currently in place.
They're asking for the communities input Monday and Tuesday morning at a community breakfast.
Parents, business owners, teachers and others are invited to attend the breakfast at 7:30 a.m on Nov. 12th and 13th.
The breakfast is intended to start a community conversation and will feature an informational session.
The event is at One AISD Center which is located at 241 Pine St. in the Jefferson Room. It is hosted by friends of the Abilene Independent School District.
It all started in 2003 with "The No Child Left Behind Act"- AISD hopes to get the annual yearly testing ratings thrown out.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire