ABILENE, Texas - AISD continues to try and urge the state to re-examine standardized testing of public school students that's currently in place.
They're asking for the communities input Monday and Tuesday morning at a community breakfast.
Parents, business owners, teachers and others are invited to attend the breakfast at 7:30 a.m on Nov. 12th and 13th.
The breakfast is intended to start a community conversation and will feature an informational session.
The event is at One AISD Center which is located at 241 Pine St. in the Jefferson Room. It is hosted by friends of the Abilene Independent School District.
It all started in 2003 with "The No Child Left Behind Act"- AISD hopes to get the annual yearly testing ratings thrown out.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'