ABILENE, Texas - AISD continues to try and urge the state to re-examine standardized testing of public school students that's currently in place.
They're asking for the communities input Monday and Tuesday morning at a community breakfast.
Parents, business owners, teachers and others are invited to attend the breakfast at 7:30 a.m on Nov. 12th and 13th.
The breakfast is intended to start a community conversation and will feature an informational session.
The event is at One AISD Center which is located at 241 Pine St. in the Jefferson Room. It is hosted by friends of the Abilene Independent School District.
It all started in 2003 with "The No Child Left Behind Act"- AISD hopes to get the annual yearly testing ratings thrown out.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS