ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man charged with murder, in connection to the beating death of his roommate, allegedly confessed to one of his family members before he was arrested.
Ricky White, 34, was arrested Monday for the murder of Willie Anderson, 58. According to police, Anderson was killed in their home on Bickley Street early Monday morning and White had moved into the home just one or two weeks before the murder.
White became a suspect after he allegedly called one of his family members and told them he killed Anderson, according to an arrest report.
Police contacted White in a traffic stop and, after a lengthy interview, said White allegedly killed Anderson by hitting and kicking him in the head.
As of Saturday, White remains in the Taylor County Jail on $250,000 bond. He also had an outstanding warrant for a motion to revoke his probation on a family violence conviction.
A graveside memorial will be held for Anderson at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Potosi Cemetery.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated