ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man charged with murder, in connection to the beating death of his roommate, allegedly confessed to one of his family members before he was arrested.
Ricky White, 34, was arrested Monday for the murder of Willie Anderson, 58. According to police, Anderson was killed in their home on Bickley Street early Monday morning and White had moved into the home just one or two weeks before the murder.
White became a suspect after he allegedly called one of his family members and told them he killed Anderson, according to an arrest report.
Police contacted White in a traffic stop and, after a lengthy interview, said White allegedly killed Anderson by hitting and kicking him in the head.
As of Saturday, White remains in the Taylor County Jail on $250,000 bond. He also had an outstanding warrant for a motion to revoke his probation on a family violence conviction.
A graveside memorial will be held for Anderson at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Potosi Cemetery.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking