ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man charged with murder, in connection to the beating death of his roommate, allegedly confessed to one of his family members before he was arrested.
Ricky White, 34, was arrested Monday for the murder of Willie Anderson, 58. According to police, Anderson was killed in their home on Bickley Street early Monday morning and White had moved into the home just one or two weeks before the murder.
White became a suspect after he allegedly called one of his family members and told them he killed Anderson, according to an arrest report.
Police contacted White in a traffic stop and, after a lengthy interview, said White allegedly killed Anderson by hitting and kicking him in the head.
As of Saturday, White remains in the Taylor County Jail on $250,000 bond. He also had an outstanding warrant for a motion to revoke his probation on a family violence conviction.
A graveside memorial will be held for Anderson at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Potosi Cemetery.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her