ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene and Lubbock campuses of American Commercial College as a career school are now closed for good according to the Texas Workforce Commission.
American Commercial College lost their certificate of approval by the Texas Workforce Commission last year. That was after an investigation allegedly revealed they had falsely reported financial information to the state.
In February, the Texas Workforce Commission, which monitors Texas career schools, granted the ACC campus in Abilene conditional certificate of approval. That meant they were allowed to enroll new students, but not teach them.
Now, the Abilene and Lubbock campuses have had their certificate of approval revoked and the Texas Workforce Commission said that decision is final. That means they can no longer enroll or teach students.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire