ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene and Lubbock campuses of American Commercial College as a career school are now closed for good according to the Texas Workforce Commission.
American Commercial College lost their certificate of approval by the Texas Workforce Commission last year. That was after an investigation allegedly revealed they had falsely reported financial information to the state.
In February, the Texas Workforce Commission, which monitors Texas career schools, granted the ACC campus in Abilene conditional certificate of approval. That meant they were allowed to enroll new students, but not teach them.
Now, the Abilene and Lubbock campuses have had their certificate of approval revoked and the Texas Workforce Commission said that decision is final. That means they can no longer enroll or teach students.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring